This is the TempEye° Work Ethic, and it is based loosely on Mike Rowe's WORKS contract. We ask employees that can not agree to this,to work elsewhere.
- I have won the greatest lottery of all time. I am alive. I walk the Earth. I live in America. Above all things, I am grateful.
- I am entitled to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.
Nothing more. I understand that "happiness" and the "pursuit of happiness" are not the same thing.
- There is no such thing as a "bad job." All jobs are opportunities, and it's up to me to make the best of them.
I do not "follow my passion," instead I bring it with me. Any job can be done with passion and enthusiasm.
- The best way to distinguish myself at work is to show up early, stay late, and cheerfully volunteer for every crappy task there is.
All people are created equal. All people make choices. Some choose to be lazy. Some choose to sleep in. I choose to work my butt off.
- I am a product of my choices – not my circumstances. I will never
blame anyone for my shortcomings or the challenges I face. And, I will never accept the credit for something I didn't do.
- The most annoying sounds in the world are whining and complaining. I will not make them. If I am unhappy in my work, I will find a
new job, or find a way to be happy.
- The world is not fair, and I'm OK with that. I do not resent the success of others. The best way to help the poor, is to not be one of them.
My education is my responsibility, and critical to my success. I am resolved to learn as much as I can, from whatever source is available to me. I will never stop learning, and I understand that Library Cards are free.
I deplore debt, and do all I can to avoid it. I would rather live in a tent and eat beans than borrow money to pay for a lifestyle I can't afford.
- As an able body person, it is my responsibility to eschew welfare, unemployment insurance and handouts in general.
- My safety is my responsibility. Following instructions does not mean I’m out of danger. I must think for myself.
On my honor, I hereby affirm the above statements to be an
accurate summary of my personal world view, and that I promise to live by them.